Just a quick post to let our readers know that we arrived back safe and sound in Beverly this evening. We had a wonderful time on our week-long vacation. I expect that Becky or I will have more details to post later, but for now, here are a few random thoughts on our trip:
- You Ohioans don’t know how good you’ve got it in the real estate pricing department. Or maybe you do, and that’s why you’re living there, and not in the Greater Boston area.
- Taco Bell IS better in Ohio. Being served by Customer Fanatic Will Farnham|http://gallery.prwdot.org/ohio_trip_day_2/IMG_8061 was an added bonus.
- We dubbed a man at Niagara Falls KOA|http://www.niagarakoa.com/ “Admiral Snorrington”
- On one side of our camp site we had Mark and Kirsten for one night, and another nice family the second night. On the other side, we had a different dysfunctional family unit both nights. Think drunken yelling at 3 a.m., or paddling of a child at 6 a.m.
- As tempting as it was, I did not, in fact, take advantage of our Kampground’s wireless internet access.
- The Niagara Fallsview Casino is a pretty impressive place. As usual, the house wins.
- Raccoons love graham crackers. Or any other type of food. They are evil.
- Among the words that I didn’t expect to be spelled differently in Canada: Jewelry -> Jewellery
The photos from the Ohio part of our trip are up here|http://gallery.prwdot.org/ohio_trip, and the photos from the Niagara Falls part will be up here|http://gallery.prwdot.org/niagara_falls_trip soon – check back if it doesn’t come up.