It’s Halloween night and we’re handing out candy here in Danvers. We’re live blogging the experience!
* 6:00pm – We’re open for business! We have Hershey’s, Kit Kats, and Gummy Lifesavers.
* 6:06pm – Skeleton, Monster, and Little Mermaid are the first to arrive
* 6:15pm – We’re chowing down on some lentil-brown rice soup
* 6:30pm – No other trick or treaters so far. We started watching Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.
* 6:45pm – Two cheerleaders and some sort of female ghoul just got some candy. Dr. Horrible just got away with the Wonderflonium.
* 6:55pm – Switched to watching Pocoyo. Six Flags guy and Freddy Krueger just got some candy.
* 7:05pm – mob of six assorted trick or treaters
* 7:13pm – seven guys in half-hearted mask-tumes
* 8:00pm – We had an assortment of other trick-or-treaters, but overall the numbers were just a little over twenty. Nonetheless, we had a good time hanging out in the dining room, watching videos, having dinner and treats, waiting for trick or treaters, and listening to the wind.
Finally, some photos of our Halloween evening. Hope your Halloween was happy!
For my Thirty-first birthday, I went out to dinner with Rebecca, Catherine and Esme at one of my favorite restaurants, The 99. Or, I guess just “99” as it’s apparently called now. In addition to a delicious dinner, I enjoyed the company of my three favorite girls, and received some great presents.
Rebecca bought me a used copy of 1000 Places to See Before You Die. We’ve always looked at the book together in bookstores, thought about all of the places we’d like to go, and reviewed all of the places we *have* been. I’m looking forward to reading it and dreaming of future adventures. As an added bonus, she created a personalized quiz to help guide me through the book. And, she inscribed the book, but it wasn’t the first inscription! It was already inscribed by the previous person who gifted it to the previous owner! Who knows what happened between those two… 😉
I also received an apron designed by Catherine. She did an original drawing and wrote out my name, and then Rebecca turned it into embroidery on the apron. I’m very excited to finally have my own apron, and it’s now hanging up in the kitchen beween Rebecca and Catherine’s aprons.
Papa and Catherine and the Apron
When we got home, there was more fun awaiting, as Rebecca and Catherine had made angel food cupcakes for me! They were covered with homemade peach jam… so delicious.
Thanks to Rebecca, Catherine, and Esme for making it such a great birthday. Thanks to all the other folks, too, who wished me a happy birthday. Hoping this will be a great year!
You can see all of the photos from my birthday events.
This morning Peter went to give Catherine a kiss and hug before going to work. Here is the conversation that transpired:
P- “Hey Catherine, I’m leaving. Can I have a hug and kiss goodbye?”
C- “Where are you going?”
P- “To work.”
C- “No! You can’t! It’s your BIRTHDAY!“
If only everyone thought like that!
Happy Birthday to you, Papa! We’ll celebrate when you get home from work!