Following up on my recent post about [post frequency](http://prwdot.org/archives/2005/08/post_frequency.html), I’d like to offer a few tips on how you as a reader can more easily keep up with our blog.
1. The simplest method is to view our site in your web browser of choice at least once per day. A good time might be just before you head to bed for the night, or just before you leave work, if you don’t have access to the internet at home. Scroll through our home page and look for any new posts.
2. You can use a news reading application such as [Bloglines](http://www.bloglines.com/) and subscribe to one of our [feeds](/feeds.html). The application will tell you whenever there are new posts on our blog, and give you an easy, all-in-one place to read our posts along with posts from any other blogs you are reading.
3. Our main blog page shows the last 10 posts. If you feel that you have missed some posts, you can check out our [archives](/archives.html). All of our posts are recorded there for posterity. You can also use the search box on the left hand side of our page to search for blog entries containing a particular word or phrase.
4. Movable Type has a feature that allows us to send email notifications when we post new entries. If you are interested in using this, please leave a comment and we will put you on the list. Then when a new entry is posted, you’ll find out right in your email inbox. Cool!
5. If you’re reading our blog right in your web browser, posts by me are denoted by a light blue background, while posts by Becky are denoted by a dark blue background. So if you’re looking for posts by a specific person, you can quickly scan through the page and look for the given color. If for some reason these colors aren’t showing up for you, or if your vision prevents you from distinguishing one shade of blue from the other, please let us know, and we will try to fix it.
6. Statistically speaking, Becky posts about one blog entry for every three entries I post. So if you come to our site, and don’t see any posts by Becky at first, keep scrolling.
7. To minimize the posting of trivial links on the main blog, I post link fodder to the [linklog](/linklog.html). Be sure to check it out periodically. Some of the links may work their way into posts eventually, others may just live in the linklog.
8. To avoid clutter on the main blog page, we’ll try to split up larger posts (like this one) into a main and extended entry.
8. We will do what we can to avoid overwhelming our readers with posts. At the same time, if we have something we really want to post, it will be posted. I would love to promise that we will have only one post per day, but I don’t think it would be wise to artificially constrain our posting in that manner. The posts must flow freely.
Thanks for reading these tips. I hope they will help you to get the most out of our blog. Please leave any suggestions or questions in the comments section, or [contact us](/contact.html) directly.
May I make a suggestion? At home, I use Firefox on a PC. Your banner headings never appear. If I want to see the latest and greatest PRWdot.org header graphic, I need to switch over to IE… the way I am viewing you right now from my office.
I’m sure it is just a Tag Thing… I’ve run across this with graphics not appearing in other sites, and it is a Firefox thing. I hate IE. I prefer Firefox. I’m hoping you’ll hear my cry and monkey with the tags and make them viewable universally.
thank you ever so.