Becky and I arrived home today to find that the Carbon Monoxide Elves had visited us while we were away:
As part of a [new Massachusetts law](http://www.mass.gov/dfs/osfm/pubed/firesafetytopics/carbon_monoxide_safety.html):
For buildings with fossil-fuel burning equipment or enclosed parking areas, the new regulations require carbon monoxide detectors on every level of the home and within ten feet of each sleeping area and in habitable portions of basements and attics.
At least we didn’t have to pay for it!
Atleast its nice they have the detectors now a days, even though it would be nicer to not need them 🙂