Beverly City Hall
We’ve mostly completed Michelle’s February Hometown Six, so here are the photos! We do still need to get a photo of the ‘shopping complex’, but since we don’t really have one within a short walk of our apartment, and I don’t regularly drive past one (in our hometown), we’ll have to make a special trip to catch it. 🙂 So in the meantime, we’ve ‘cheated’ and posted a Google satellite photo of one of our shopping centers.
You can see all of our photos here. Click on the thumbnails to view the full-size photos with some extra informative notes!
The Olympic Tower
This past weekend, Becky and I took a trip up to Montreal. Becky’s parents had given us Marriott gift certificates for Christmas so that we could have one last getaway before our baby was born. Neither of us had visited Montreal before, and it was a place we both wanted to go, so even though it’s a bit cold this time of year, up we went!
Highlights of the trip:
- Discovering that rural Quebec is much like rural Ohio.
- SpringHill Suites Old Montreal, our hotel. Great location, cozy suites, nice free breakfast. A much fancier hotel than we would normally stay in, but since we didn’t have to pay for it… 🙂
- Dinner at Restaurant du Vieux Port. Delicious peppercorn steak, cozy atmosphere, right around the corner from our hotel.
- Montreal High Lights, a festival designed to light up the cold dreary nights of February in Montreal. We did the Ice Slide and saw Choreography for Snowplows (like Blue Man Group with snowplows).
- The Underground City.
- The McCord Museum of Canadian History.
- Parc Jean-Drapeau.
- The Montreal BiosphÃ¨re.
- Casino Montreal. We didn’t gamble, but we did enjoy their buffet!
- Parc Olympique, site of the 1976 Summer Olympics. We took a ride up the funicular to the Montreal Tower Observatory, as well as a guided tour of the stadium. Very cool!
- Poutine. Not a dish I would regularly want to eat, but an interesting regional delicacy nonetheless.
- St. Joseph’s Oratory. Second largest basilica dome next to St. Peter’s.
We’d definitely like to visit Montreal again, but next time we’ll do it when the weather is a bit warmer!
You can see all of our photos from the trip here.
Today is a day of Birthdays. Well, two birthdays. I was going to post them in ‘date’ order, but then I realized that both ladies were not only born on the same day…but the same year! So I’ll post in the order in which we met.
Happy Birthday to Melanie! We hope your first birthday BACK in Mentor is just as memorable as your FIRST birthday in Mentor. Did that make sense? 🙂
and Happy Birthday to Jenny… Living it up and celebrating during school vacation week!