December 21-30 was a whirlwind of a Christmas vacation for the Wood family. We had a great time visiting with friends and family. I took lots of photos, so we’ll give you the brief rundown here with links to images from our trip.
- December 20: We had a sort of “Pre-Christmas” at home after I got out of work. We exchanged our gifts so that we didn’t have to bring the stuff for just each other all the way out to Ohio. The rest of our evening was spent packing for our trip!
- December 21: We left after I got out of work and drove to a Knight’s Inn in Liverpool, NY. That helped break the trip up a bit.
- December 22: We left Syracuse early in the morning, and, after a stop in Madison, Ohio to visit with Melanie, we drove to Mount Vernon. Pics from the drive, Pics from visiting Melanie, Pics from the first evening in Mount Vernon
- December 23: We went to church at Lakeholm in Mount Vernon, then headed down to Columbus to visit with Becky’s friend Heather and her husband Jeff. Then it was back to Mount Vernon for the infamous “Reindeer Hat Party.” Pics from visiting Heather and Jeff, Pics from the Reindeer Hat Party
- December 24: We attended the Christmas Eve service at Lakeholm, then had Christmas Eve dinner at home. Pics from Christmas Eve
- December 25: We spent Christmas Day at home with my family! Pics from Christmas Day
- December 26: On Wednesday, we went up to Mark and Kirsten’s place in Mansfield for a nice Birthday brunch for Mom! After that, we drove back to Mount Vernon to attend a Game Day that Amy Walton was hosting at her parents’ house. Later in the evening, we had a birthday cake and another little party for Mom. Pics from Mom’s birthday brunch and that evening, Pics from the game day
- December 27: On Thursday, we had some outings sans Catherine. Rebecca and I went out to breakfast at the Southside Diner while Mom and Dad watched Catherine. Then, Rebecca, Dad and I went out to lunch while Mom watched Catherine. Later that evening, Mom and Dad watched Catherine again while we went out to dinner and a movie with Mark and Kirsten. We ended the evening with a family photo shoot. Pics from the Southside Diner, Pics from Thursday afternoon, Pics from dinner with Mark and Kirsten, Pics from the photo shoot
- December 28: On Friday morning, we left Mount Vernon and drove back to the Knight’s Inn in Liverpool, NY. The hotel clerk recommended dinner at a delicious local restaurant, Mother’s, and gave us a free voucher to see the local “Lights on the Lake” holiday light display. It was a nice evening with just the three of us! Pics from the drive, Pics from Friday evening
- December 29: On Saturday, we left Liverpool and drove to Townsend to spend the rest of the weekend with Becky’s family.
- December 30: On Sunday, we had lunch in Townsend with Becky’s parents, then they drove back to Danvers with us to help cart back our additional haul of gifts and see our new staircase. Pics from the “After-Christmas Christmas” in Townsend
Phew! Since then, we’e been unpacking our stuff and trying to get readjusted to a life back at home. 🙂 We hope that you have all had great holidays with your family or friends, and that you have a happy new year!