A while back, I [posted the results](http://prwdot.org/2006/12/19/personalityhis/) of a [personality test](http://www.perex.com/). The results were remarkably accurate, highlighting most of the important aspects of my personality. Now I’d like to offer my commentary and analysis of the results.
So, I did the same personality test that [Becky](http://prwdot.org/2006/12/15/personality/), [Jenn](http://junefourteenth.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html), and [Kate](http://marykayladykate.blogspot.com/2006/12/fun-personality-test.html) had done. I’m quite amazed at how accurate it is, as well as how it was able to put into words some concepts that I only had a vague understanding of.
You can [try the test yourself](http://www.perex.com/), if you like. Like Becky, I’ll wait and see what others think of the results before commenting on it myself.
Keep reading to see the results.
My friends, Jennifer and Kate have both taken an online personality quiz and posted about it on their respective sites. I always find these sorts of things interesting, so I wandered over and gave it a shot.
The results are after the jump- Jenn and Kate posted their feelings about the results, but I will leave mine untouched. I think that there are many characteristics that the quiz got spot on and some that missed the mark. Over all I think it gives a pretty good description of my personality.
I’m curious to know what those of you who know me think. Did they get me right?
Click on the link below to read my results
I have been ***tagged by Michelle|http://mikao.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_mikao_archive.html#111695136792615966*** to do the ‘Movie Meme’. Here it is!
1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video: 72
2) The last film I bought: Aladdin – I bought it as a gift for Becky last Christmas, but I enjoy it too.
3) The last film I watched: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
Star Trek IV
Star Trek VI
Ten Things I have NOT done:
1. Smoked anything
2. Drank alcohol
3. Bought a brand-new computer (amazing, huh?)
4. Bought a Windows PC
5. Had a computer system with all matching components (e.g. Apple monitor, Apple keyboard, Apple mouse, Apple computer)
6. Traveled to England
7. Flown in First Class
8. Been to “The South” (unless Florida counts)
9. Eaten in a restaurant on the top floor of a skyscraper or other tall building
10. Purchased an automobile
I tag ***Jenn|http://junefourteenth.blogspot.com/*** and ***JEREMY!!!|http://www.thebiggspicture.org/***
I thought it was high time for a good “Quiz Result Entry”. WooHoo!
This calls for a song:
Blue, baby blue,
I’m as blue as I can be,
‘Cause my steady boy said, “Ship Ahoy,”
And joined the Na-a-a-vy.
Inspired by ***Will|http://pulchersentio.prwdot.org/*** et al, I took some of the Spiritual Quizzes over at ***BeliefNet|http://www.beliefnet.com/***, going from a sort of top level quiz down:
***What’s Your Spiritual Type?| http://www.BeliefNet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=27***
In this quiz, a score of 0 marks you as a skeptic, and a score of 100 marks you as an unmoveable, confident believer. I scored in the high end of the range 80 – 89, or “Confident Believer – You have little doubt you’ve found the right path”
***Belief-o-Matic (What is your faith?)|http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html***
My “matches” that were above 80%:
1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
2. Orthodox Quaker (98%)
3. Eastern Orthodox (93%)
4. Roman Catholic (93%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (88%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (84%)
Not terribly surprising.
***What kind of Christian are you?| http://www.BeliefNet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=83***
In this quiz, a “0” indicates that you’re a secularist, or someone with minimal belief in the bible, while a “400” indicates that you’re a bible-thumping lunatic. I scored in the high end of the range 330 – 400, or, “You are a Jerry Falwell Christian (a.k.a “Historicist”).” Eek! I really don’t identify with Jerry Falwell, so frankly I find that analysis scary. But then again, I’m only similar to him in terms of my answers to the questions that the quiz asked, and the degree to which my true beliefs matched up with the available options. And it’s just a quiz. Still… blech.
By the way, I’ve started a new ‘Category’ in our blog called ‘Quizzes’ – you can access it via the ‘Archives’ link in the top left corner of our page. I went back and changed the category of previous quizzes, so you can now find the results all in one place. Hooray!
Monkey See, Monkey Do…
* Name: Rebecca Ann
* Birthdate: January 10
* Birthplace: Concord, Massachusetts
* Current Location: Beverly, Massachusetts
* Eye Color: Hazel (Brown/Green)
* Hair Color: Brown
* Righty or Lefty: Righty
* Sun Sign: Capricorn
* Innie or Outtie: Innie
* Your heritage: English, Italian and Swedish
* The shoes you wore today: Blue Hawaiian Print Converse Chucks Sneakers
* Your hair: Long and super straight by nature
* Your eyes: Change colors…kind of like “mood eyes”
* Your weakness: small children (they melt my knees!)
* Your fears: police lights in the rear-view mirror
* Your perfect pizza: Hawaiian (ham and pineapple)
* One thing you’d like to achieve: raising terrific kids
* Your most overused phrase on IM: “ha!”
* Your first waking thoughts: “what day is it?”
* The first feature you notice in the opposite sex: eyes
* Your best physical feature: my smile
* Your bedtime: varied, but around 10 or 10:30
* Your greatest fear: Housefires
* Your greatest accomplishment: being a wife
* Your most missed memory: Oh, there are so many…
* Pepsi or Coke: Coke
* McDonald’s or Burger King: McDonald’s
* Single or group dates: both
* Adidas or Nike: Like I can afford either!
* Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton
* Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla
* Cappuccino or coffee: Coffee stunts your growth!
* Smoke: No.
* Cuss: No.
* Sing: Constantly
* Take a shower everyday: Absolutely
* Have a crush(es): Sure
* Who are they: Sean Astin, Ewan McGregor (teehee!)
* Do you think you’ve been in love: Yes
* Want to go to college: Been there, done that.
* Like high school: Not particularly
* Want to get married: I’ve been married since October 26, 2002
* Believe in yourself: yeah. I can be whatever I want to be!
* Type with your fingers on the right keys: On the ‘correct’ keys. Yes.
* Think you’re attractive: Um… that’s a relative term.
* Think you’re a health freak: I’d like to be
* Get along with your parents: Yes
* Play an instrument: Yup. the Piano
LAYER SIX: In the past month, did you…
* Drink alcohol: Yes, a very weak Cape Codder (made by my cousin,’Becky-style’)
* Smoke: No
* Do a drug: No
* Make Out: Yes (with my Peter of course!)
* Go on a date: Yes, again, see above
* Eat an entire box of Oreos: No
* Eat sushi: No
* Been on stage: I was a bridesmaid, does that count?
* Been dumped: No
* Gone skating: Yes
* Made homemade cookies: No
* Been in love: Yes
* Gone skinny dipping: No
* Dyed your hair: No
* Stolen anything: One heart
LAYER SEVEN: Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: No
* If so, was it mixed company: n/a
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: No
* Been caught “doing something”: ummm…I picked all the green blueberries off a neighbor’s bush once. I’m still being reminded of it!
* Been called a tease: yes
* Gotten beaten up: Yes
* Shoplifted: No
* If so, did you get caught: n/a
* Changed who you were to fit in: I never wanted to put that much effort into fitting in. If people didn’t like me as me why hang with them.
* Age you hope to be married: Already am, was 23 at the time.
* Numbers and Names of Children: n/a
* Describe your Dream Wedding: lots of family
* How do you want to die: Without pain and in my sleep.
* Where you want to go to college: n/a
* What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mom
* What country would you most like to visit: Egypt, Sweden, Japan, Russia, etc…
* Number of men I have kissed: One
* Number of boylfriends Ive had: One
* Number of drugs taken illegally: 0
* Number of people I could trust with my life: Several
* Number of CDs that I own: >15